Earth Day offers an annual opportunity to reflect on and advance climate action, but this year’s observance brought with it some big news. The Biden Administration announced that the United States will target reducing emissions by 50 percent by 2030, as compared to 2005 levels. Other initiatives were announced around how to help developing countries establish net-zero strategies, how to transform the transportation sector and how to harness the potential of solar, wind and energy storage. That leaves the electricity industry with plenty to talk about and plenty to do. On this episode of Electrifying AI, Dr. Joe Nyangon, a senior industry consultant for power and utilities innovation here at SAS, joins us to break down the news and examine how the energy and utilities sector can move forward.
– Get to know Dr. Joe
– Breaking down the new U.S. emissions pledge and what it means for electric utilities
– The stranded assets that could be left behind
– The role analytics will play
– Where the electricity industry and the transportation sector intersect
– Joe gives us his pick for our Electrifying AI playlist on Spotify
Listen to his playlist picks here then make your suggestion for a song in the comments below:. We just might include your pick and send you some Electrifying AI swag to say thanks!
Have questions or would like to share your thoughts? Jump into the discussion and reach out to Sal at.
Learn more at.